Monday, March 14, 2005

Lets go to the movies

I got to see a good friend of mine this weekend. We hadn't seen or spoken to each other in over a month. I regret this since I love her dearly and I want to see her more often! We are movie buddies--we see movies with each other that no one else will see with us. But more importantly we are great friends. I like that she is who she is; she doesn't care what people think of her and she is happy with herself. She knows what she likes but she's not pushy about it. I think she likes me because she thinks I am wacky and funny (wacky is sort of a lame word, isn't it?) and because she can be herself around me. When Ian was born last year we didn't see each other very much. I was a new, overwhelmed, busy mom, and she thought I didn't want her company. Not true! I was just in too much of a daze to poke my head out and tell her so. I really look forward to spending lots of time with my friend C this year. I am so glad that Ian is almost one (on Sunday) and doesn't need me quite so much. He is happy to stay home with Buck and he can fall asleep without me nursing him down. Oh yeah, we saw "Robots" at the movies. It was cute.

Why do people let time get in the way? I thought about C over Jan and Feb when I didn't speak to her, but the longer I waited, the harder it got to call. I thought, "I bet she is mad that I haven't called her by now so I better not call at all." I imagine that she was thinking the same thing. I just wish that I could be more direct with people and say what I mean (and I wish others would do the same with me).

At Christmas I saw my older brother who I hadn't seen in a long time. The night before I left we talked for hours and had such a great conversation. We realized that we have a lot of the same anxieties. We like a lot of the same things. We are so alike! If we weren't brother and sister we would probably still be friends. Why then do we let time and place keep us from keeping up with each other? Maybe I will give him a call tonight.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment